- Laura Wears dresses up her cozy fair aisle sweater with a blazer for a chic, winter-ready look! Pop over to check out her cute stocking cap, too! (find Laura Wears on Twitter!)
- Peach Gingham pairs polka dots with a fur vest - what an amazing combination! The perfect casual back-to-work outfit! (find Peach Gingham on Twitter!)
- A Devine Life is mad for plaid this season and pairs it with heels and pearls - a beautiful classic look! (find a Devine Life on Twitter!)
- Rach.E. Cakes is jumping on the animal trend in an outfit that is cute and comfortable enough for a long day of traveling at the airport! Pop over to see what furry friend she is sporting! (find Rach.E.Cakes on Twitter!)
- Behind The Dressing Room Door gives us the scoop on a mini sale going on at Anthropologie! Definitely a good time to stock up on dresses and sweaters! (find Behind the Dressing Room Door on Twitter!)
- Living After Midnite found a gem of a bag at a recent sample sale and she hasn't put it down since! Head over to see her fabulous new bag! (find Living After Midnite on Twitter!)
- Fancy Francy shows us how to incorporate tights and leggings into our winter wardrobe! Pop over for some style tips and to check out these two looks! (find Fancy Francy on Twitter!)
- Second Best is rocking her favorite winter staple that we all have - even men! Head over to see what it is and where she found it! (find Second Best on Twitter!)
- Ishi is all puffed up in her favorite winter coat and it extremely warm, but still chic! Go check it out - such a great price point, too!
- Fleurani shows us that black and blue really do go together! A sophisticated look with a fun, unexpected twist!
- Rachels Look Book proves that neon isn't going anywhere soon with this festive but comfy look! Her sweater is to die for - a must see! (find Rachel's Look Book on Twitter!)
- See Mo Go is finally pulling out her favorite Christmas dress now that Thanksgiving is over - perfect for the holidays! So cute! (find See Mo Go on Twitter!)
- My Thrifty Chic is rocking some fun printed pallazo pants she found while thrifting - such a great find at an even better price! (find My Thrifty Chic on Twitter!)
- Second Street East is dreaming of spring even though winter is just beginning. Head over to check out the fresh and bright dining room she loving this week! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Sweetie Pie Style recreates an outfit that would be perfect for a holiday party with friends in gorgeous winter whites! She also gives some great tips for dressing in monochromatic tones!! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
Friday, November 30, 2012
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
My Threads: Shirt: Aeropostale, Blazer: H&M, Jeans: Hollister, Pumps: Calvin Klein, Clutch, Belt, & Necklace: Forever 21, Bracelets: Charming Charlie, Watch: Michael Kors
It's highly possible that I will have a silly rhyming title for ever post that features a plaid shirt. Or plaid anything. There are just so many words that rhyme with it! I can't resist.
Anyway, my sister totally questioned my decision to wear (fake) pearls with a plaid shirt last weekend. A year ago, I might have thought that was a weird combination. And maybe it is. But I've kind of decided when it comes to getting dressed, going with your instinct usually works out. My plaid shirt looked boring alone, so why not throw on some pearls?
The thing I love about blogging is that it forces you to be creative. Not like it twists your arm and yells at you until you have the perfect outfit. It just makes you look at your clothes differently so you don't end up in leggings and Uggs every day. Which totally happens to me all the time by the way, I just try not to document it.
Happy Hump Day!
Linking up with The Pleated Poppy, Because Shanna Said So, Wardrobe Wednesday, Rae Gun Ramblings, and Rolled Up Pretty.
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
My Threads: Shirt: GoJane, Skirt & Clutch: H&M, Booties: Target, Necklace: Forever 21, Bracelets: Charming Charlie, Watch: Michael Kors
So every time I wear a mini skirt, the weather decides to get windy. Or maybe whenever it's windy, I somehow end up stuck in a skirt. Either way, it's bad planning between me and Mother Nature.
Fortunately, we managed to get a few picture where I wasn't holding my skirt down. Even a few where my hair isn't blowing straight up or covering my whole face.
And just to continue with the embarrassing moments, today I walked into the same pole at work twice. Of course, it made a really loud noise, so there was no playing it off. And just to remind everyone of my clumsiness tomorrow, I now have a bump and a bruise right in the middle of my forehead.
And that, my friends, is why they call me Grace.
Okay, no one really calls me that. But it's obviously one of my best character traits.
Do you ever have extraordinarily clumsy days?
Monday, November 26, 2012
My Threads: Sweater, Necklace & Clutch: Forever 21, Jeans: not sure, Pumps: Calvin Klein via Nordstrom Rack, Bracelets: Charming Charlie, Watch: Michael Kors
I love this sweater. And I'm pretty sure it loves me back. At least that seems to be the message it's conveying. That, or it's just encouraging love in general. Which I am totally for.
Anyway, this sweater is so comfy, I would totally wear it every day if I could. I'm pretty sure that everyone who has to spend any time near me would not appreciate that though. So I'll refrain.
I hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving! I'm still eating leftovers. I'll think I'll be just fine if I don't see another piece of turkey for several months. And it's probably a good time to actually start using my gym membership. That means the holiday was a success though, right?
Linking up with YOLO Mondays!
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
My Threads: Shirt: H&M, Vest: Gap, Jeans: Hollister, Boots: Steve Madden, Socks: Kohl's, Bag: Kenneth Cole Reaction, Necklace: Forever 21, Bracelets: Charming Charlie, Forever 21, local craft fair, Watch: Michael Kors
So when I wore this outfit to work, I got a lot of questions about the lumber industry. And how I liked living in Washington. And about the hunting season.
Then Marc started calling me Lumber Jill.
I get it. Plaid + a puffy vest + boots makes me look like I belong in, around, or chopping down trees. (Note: I would never chop down a tree. I like them to be climbable.) But this outfit is so comfy, I will likely be wearing it lots for the next several months. It's highly possible that I've already worn it three times this week...
Anyway. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! Which is definitely one of my favorite holidays. Mostly because it revolves around amazing food. Oh, and family. I guess the family part is important too.
Hope you all have safe travels today!
Monday, November 19, 2012
My Threads: Sweater, Skirt & Clutch: Blazer: H&M, Tights: Kohls, Booties: Target, Bracelets: local art far, Charming Charlie, Necklace: J.Crew (ebay version), Watch: Michael Kors
My obsession with polka dots continues. I wasn't sure how I felt about wearing printed tights until I put these on. Now I kind of just want to wear them with everything.
I think I've worn some version of this outfit about a million times. That might be an exaggeration, it has probably been more like 900. It's just so easy, I can't help it.
Also, I'd just like to point out the water on the ground. That's rain. Fall is still here! We'll see how long it sticks around.
Linking up with YOLO Mondays!
Friday, November 16, 2012
- My Fashionate Life thinks that sweater weather is better and is finally getting to partake in all of the fall fashion! She looks so cute in her layers! (find My Fashionlate Life on Twitter!)
- My Thrifty Chic is pulling out a sassy, forgotten about dress for the first time and you won't believe what she paid for it! Go check it out! (find My Thrifty Chic on Twitter!)
- Bon Chic Bon Gastronomique is getting crafty and tackled making a leather pocket for one of her tees! Pop over for the full run-down and to see the amazing final product! (find Bon Chic Bon Gastronomique on Twitter!)
- Glitzy Blues reminds us not to overlook the men's section when shopping! She is sporting her favorite shirt and just happened to find it on the other side of the store! (find Glitzy Blues on Twitter!)
- Fashion Fixation doesn't love the cold, but does love that it gives her a chance to play with layering her summer clothes under sweaters and coats! Love this look! (find Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Peach Gingham found a cute new pair of heels that look way more expensive than they were! Head over to see where she found them and the cute pieces she paired them with! (find Peach Gingham on Twitter!)
- Living After Midnite is taking advantage of a break in the winter weather and going lacy with a side of studs! Oh and did I mention their is a neon jacket involved? A must see! (find Living After Midnite on Twitter!)
- Behind the Dressing Room Door is loving all of the cozy and cute layered looks from Anthropologie! Tons of inspiration for fall here! (find Behind the Dressing Room on Twitter!)
- Rach.E. Cakes is showing us how to make a tasty Thanksgiving inspired snack - pumpkin pie popcorn! Head over for the full recipe - this could be dangerous! (find Rach.E.Cakes on Twitter!)
- A Devine Life is making a floral sundress work for fall by throwing it on with a trench coat and tights! Such a good way to get the most out of your wardrobe! (find a Devine Life on Twitter!)
- Laura Wears looks so chic in a beige from head to toe! A monochromatic look you will definitely want to recreate! (find Laura Wears on Twitter!)
- Ishi wore faux fur for the first time this season! The best way to add instant glamour to any outfit - go check it out!
- Fancy Francy is breaking out of her normal neutral uniform and trying some bold color! She totally knocked it out of the park! (find Fancy Francy on Twitter!)
- Second Street East is dreaming of a very stylish Thanksgiving and put together the perfect room and outfit for the event! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Sweetie Pie Style shows us three ways to style one of winter's must have pieces - a cream cable knit sweater! Pop over for her tips and to see her top picks for adding one to your wardrobe! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
Thursday, November 15, 2012
A Devine Life has had a Facebook and Twitter page for a while, but I've been terrible about updating or publicizing them. But I've promised myself I will use them now!
So if you want to see extra outfit pictures, sneak peeks, or get a quick response to a question, let's be friends!
You can also visit me on Pinterest and Instagram.
Thanks for reading!
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
My Threads: Shirt & Pants: H&M, Cardigan & Belt: Forever 21, Pumps: Calvin Klein, Bracelets: Charming Charlie, Watch: Michael Kors
This is totally something I would wear to work if I actually worked in an office where I had to dress up. But alas, I do not. Jeans and t-shirts are pretty much the uniform for our office.
Maybe I'll wear this to work sometime anyway.
I got these pants the second I spotted them in the store, but then they just sat in my closet forever. They aren't difficult to style, but they are a bit wild with the geometric print. Of course, that's why I love them. I think I'll try dressing them down next time just to keep things interesting.
Also, my new life philosophy is that everything looks better belted. Before you know it, I'll be belting jackets and t-shirts. Oh wait, already have.
Linking up with WIWW and Rolled Up Pretty.
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
My Threads: Sweater, Necklace & Skirt: Forever 21, Legwarmers: Roxy, Boots: Not sure (really old), Clutch: Nordstrom Rack
So I realize it isn't raining in these pictures. I promise it did rain a couple days ago! Just not at the exact moment we took these...Of course these rainboots have little holes in them now, so they don't really do their job anyway.
Anyhow, I liked the way this outfit looked in my head, but it isn't really my favorite outfit on. All the prints and graphics kind of make me feel like a five-year-old that was just allowed to dress herself for the first time. So she put on a graphic top with stripes and polka dots. Then again, I often act like I'm five, so I suppose the outfit fits. I think it would maybe be better with just flats or something.
You win some, you lose some I guess. Or just so-so some. I do totally love this sweater though. Turns out, the Eiffel Tower looks almost as amazing on a sweater as it does in real life. Almost. You will definitely see it again here soon. Just not with holy, polka dotted rainboots.
Linking up today with the EBEW boots challenge!
P.S. Get my hilarious play on words in the title of this post? Okay, it probably wasn't that hilarious if I have to point it out.
Monday, November 12, 2012
My Threads: Dress: Papaya, Trench & Tights: H&M, Booties: Target, Clutch & Necklace: Forever 21, Watch: Michael Kors
Fall has arrived! At least for the time being. It's supposed to warm up again this week. But for now, I get to wear tights and trenches. And drink hot chocolate.
I probably should have retired my floral sundresses by now, but I've decided to try and work them into my wardrobe this fall. At least a few of them. This is mostly because the majority of my dresses are sleeveless and have flowers on them. I'd like to chalk it up to a phase, but I think it's probably more of a general addiction.
On another note, did anyone see Skyfall this weekend? If you haven't seen it, go see it now. It's amazing. If you like James Bond, of course. Plus Daniel Craig is a class act, and stylish to boot.
Hope you had a happy weekend!
Linking up with #YOLOMondays!
Friday, November 9, 2012
- My Fashionlate Life is trying out a new look - tights and shorts! Head over to see how she styled this look and pulled it off seamlessly! (find My Fashionate Life on Twitter!)
- Miss Top Ten Image toughens up her mini skirt with a pair of biker boots! Such a fun look for fall! (find Miss Top Ten Image on Twitter!)
- Urban Frill has officially deemed it coat weather and looks lovely in her winter white! Don't forget to check out her cute shoes, too! (find Urban Frill on Twitter!)
- Rachel Coletta is sporting a classic color combo that serves as the perfect palette to mix in just about anything! Pop over to see this amazing look! (find Rachel Coletta on Twitter!)
- My Thrifty Chic shows us how to style one of fall's trends - plum pants! Go check out the two looks that were done on a MAJOR budget! (find My Thrifty Chic on Twitter!)
- Bon Chic Bon Gastronomique brightens up her classic look with a few pops of bold color - accessories can make all the difference! (find Bon Chic Bon Gastronomique on Twitter!)
- Glitzy Blues is rocking her cool weather go-to look - a baggy sweater, tall socks and boots! The perfect combination of style and comfort! (find Glitzy Blues on Twitter!)
- Fashion Fixation is in love with infinity scarves this season! Head over for a peek at this cute accessory and how it takes her look to the next level! (find Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Peach Gingham is sharing one of her favorite pieces from her closet with us - a field jacket! Paired with feminine pants, this makes for one cute look! (find Peach Gingham on Twitter!)
- Living After Midnite looks so pretty in a sweet polka dot top! She is also sporting a fabulous new bag - go check it out! (find Living After Midnite on Twitter!)
- Behind the Dressing Room Door did a little fall shopping and picked up a fabulous new sweater! Pop over to see where she found this gem! (find Behind the Dressing Room on Twitter!)
- Rach.E. Cakes is going all out with color in this work-ready look! Who said fall was for neutrals?! So cute! (find Rach.E.Cakes on Twitter!)
- A Devine Life hasn't seen any signs of cooler weather yet and it rocking a sun dress and boots! Love this look! (find a Devine Life on Twitter!)
- Second Street East is taking inspiration from a fabulous entry way and recreating the look in an outfit and a room! Some great finds! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Sweetie Pie Style rounds up five affordable pieces to treat yourself with - each under $25! Amazing pieces you won't feel guilty about adding to your closet! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
My Threads: Shirt: H&M, Skirt: J.Crew Factory, Belt & Booties: Target, Bag: Florence street market, Necklace: ebay, Watch: Michael Kors
I'm starting to doubt the arrival of fall altogether this year. It's still in the 80s and 90s, which is weird even for Southern California this time of year. But I'm ready now, fall. Bring on the fog, rain, and crisp mornings. The Eiffel Tower sweater hanging in my closet may start a riot otherwise.
I've been talking about the weather a lot lately. For some reason, it seems necessary to explain why I still have bare legs. And never wear jackets. Can we just assume the insane heat is why? Then I don't have to feel like an old man confused by the lack of seasons.
I hope you all got to vote yesterday! I meant to remind people yesterday (when it was still relevant), but writing posts super late at night makes me forget things.
I voted by mail last week, so I didn't get a sticker. They should send you one to wear on the day of the election. I know I'm 25 and shouldn't care about stickers, but I still wanted one. Oh well. Maybe next time.
Hope you have a happy hump day!